|Fund||Frontier Energy II|
|Participation||Co-Developer and lead equity|
|Capacity||40MW net / 48MW gross|
|Expected CO2 emission reductions||53,000 tCOeq/annum|
|State of development||Constructed. In the process of being commissioned in collaboration with the off-taker Kenya Power.|
The 40 MW Eldosol Solar PV project is located in the Plateau area, close to Eldoret City in the North-Western part of Kenya. The project is in the process of being connected to the Kenyan national grid via a high voltage transmission line passing close to the project site.
Frontier Energy II is majority shareholder in the project company, Selenkei Investment Limited. Key contributions have been:
- co-development of the project
- facilitation of the financing from senior lenders to the project (FMO and EIB)
- management of the process with the EPC / O&M contractor
- overall construction management, and
- General management of the project.